The Crèche Kit is a resource designed to help children’s services staff in remote communities learn the basic skills to run their own children’s service. The kit was developed with the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations funding, by staff from Batchelor Institute and Charles Darwin University, NT.
The Kit supports staff in developing basic skills in health, safety, supervision, play, food preparation and nutrition. The complete kit includes over 60 resources—posters and books—specifically designed for Aboriginal staff development, as well as many useful forms and charts for use in a creche or child care centre. Also included is a DVD that allows the service to add their own images and print off extra copies of any of the resources.
For orders outside the NT, please contact us directly on (08) 8939 7352 for a custom freight quote.
- SIDS and Kids NT
- The Creche Kit
- 'No germs on me' series
- SIDS and kids poster
- Eat good food poster
- 50 or more RRACSSU activity sheets
- Good ideas, happy kids
- Waltja book: 'Doing good for little kids'
- The Creche Kit book
- Talking Early Childhood
- The Play book
- Playgroups: playing to get ready for school
- Ear and hearing care
- What does a creche look like?
- Series of booklets focussing on 5 Northern Territory Child Care Centres
- The Flour drum stove cookbook
- The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander guide to healthy eating
Plus much more!